Foods High in Sulfur
Sulfur is can lower cholesterol, boost hair growth and improve skin elasticity. Sources of sulfur are egg yolks, broccoli, cabbage, kale, chicken breast and garlic.
Sulfur is a mineral that is essential in the body's health. It is used by the body in small amounts to aid in creating some parts of your body.
Sulfur is responsible for protecting our body system against radiation and pollution. It also does wonders in slowing down the aging process. Sulfur can also boost liver functions and helps in proper digestion of foods.
Sulfur comes in supplements but you can also get it in eating foods high in sulfur. Some of foods high in sulfur may include:
- Egg yolks. If you are consuming egg yolks because of its protein content, it means that you also have high sulfur content because eggs is the biggest source of sulfur. It has detoxification properties and aids liver function. The sulfur content found in eggs can also boost growth of hair and improve skin elasticity. However, if you have high cholesterol, you have to limit your intake of egg yolks.
- Vegetables. Cruciferous veggies are great sources of sulfur. Some of these cruciferous veggies are broccoli, cabbage, kale and cauliflower. The sulfur content in veggies has glucosinolates, which can prevent cancer growth by simply removing the carcinogenic compounds.
- Meats. Sulfur is part of amino acids, which is normally present in foods that have high protein. Aside from meats, light meat turkey and chicken breast are also good sources of sulfur. For vegetarians who cannot consume meat, the best alternative is to eat soybeans, dried beans and lentils.
- Garlic and onions. Both of these two are not just spices but each is high in allyl sulfides, which is great in boosting cardiovascular function. Garlic and onions can also lower cholesterol and aids in stopping blood clots.
- Legumes. Soybeans, Mungo beans, white beans, tofu, kidney beans and black beans are just cheap formal of the formal some examples of legumes that have high sulfur content.
If you are vegetarian and you suspect that you have inadequate with sulfur, consult first with your health care provider before taking any sulfur supplements. Some sulfur supplements can cause side effects like nausea, diarrhea and dizziness.